Spring Rolls & Lettuce Wraps (Cha Gio Rau Cuon)
Buy pre-made spring rolls from your local grocer, bake/fry them as directed, add fresh & seasonal leaf lettuces, herbs, vegetables and devour to the last bite. If you're feeling inspired, follow our easy recipe for home-made spring rolls for the full benefits of a home cooked meal.
- 8 to 12 leafs any red/green/bib/romaine leaf lettuce (whole leaf, washed)
- 2 cups bean sprouts (washed)
- 8 to 12 spring rolls (hot/warm)
- 8 to 12 sprigs of any combo: cilantro, mint, perilla, saw-tooth coriander, dill (picked, washed)
- 1 1/2 cups of any combo: carrot, cucumber, endive, jicama, daikon, kholrabi (cut into matchsticks)
- 60 ml NUOC CHAM dipping sauce
- Wash vegetables & cut into matchsticks.
- Fry spring rolls at 350F for 6-8 min or until golden brown, let cool for 3 min.
- Place a small pinch of herbs & vegetables onto a lettuce leaf, 1 spring roll, close together, and dip into a little side dish of NUOC CHAM sauce and savour to your hearts delight!