Rice & Egg (Com Trung) - Cabbage Salad
Simply divine, our NUOC CHAM elevates the humble egg to spectacular heights! You can add a variety of other toppings such as pickled vegetables, grilled & poached meats to your rice bowl for an incredibly healthy and quick meal.
- 1 cup uncooked *jasmine rice
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 cups shredded cabbage & carrot mix (washed, raw)
- 1 stem green onion (washed, thinly sliced)
- 1 sprig of any combo: cilantro, mint, watercress (washed, picked)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp *white sugar (or honey, palm, agave syrup)
- 60ml NUOC CHAM
Cook rice to package specifications. Be sure to rinse the rice well before cooking, and let rest with lid on for 10 min after cooked.
Wash and cut cabbage, carrot, green onions & pick herbs. In a bowl combine sugar & lime juice until dissolved. Toss all vegetables with dressing, set aside.
Heat a thin layer of oil in medium heat pan, add eggs, 2 tbsp water, lid on, cook for 15 seconds. Turn off heat, and leave lid on for an additional 45 seconds. Top rice with eggs, salad on the side. Add NUOC CHAM onto both the egg and rice as needed.
*Brown sugar not recommended as the deep molasses flavour would mute the delicate flavour, colour & texture of the salad.
*Jasmine rice is our first choice to pair with NUOC CHAM, however, any long grain rice such as converted or basmati will do.