In the February CHEF’S BOX™, Chef Craig puts the spotlight on flavourful small batch foods made by emerging Canadian food makers and inspires food lovers to use these ingredients in recipes at home:
- Make-Your-Own Congee Mix made by Jackpot Chicken & Rice in Toronto
- Okazu Chili Miso Condiment made by Abokichi in Toronto
- NUOC CHAM made by Wooden Boat Food Company in Port Moody, BC
- Coconut Thai White Long Grain Rice Blend made by Rice Shack in Calgary
- Thai Red Curry Paste made by Saha Cuisine in Toronto
- Hot Haitian Peanut Butter made by D&D Mamba in Montreal
TORONTO, February 14, 2017 — Toronto chef Craig Wong, owner of Patois and Jackpot Chicken & Rice, has partnered with FoodiePages.ca to showcase Canada’s street food scene in the February CHEF’S BOX™ available through FoodiePages.ca. The popularity of street food has exploded in recent years, quickly becoming a bold new reflection of Canada’s multicultural cities. Chef Craig Wong, whose Hakka Chinese family lived in Jamaica for three generations before emigrating to Scarborough, is no stranger to incorporating a diversity of flavours into his cooking.